Top 5 Places You Have to Visit in Tuscany

1/12/2015


Tuscany is one of Italy´s top destinations. It offers not only wonderful architecture, breathtaking scenery, or beautiful medieval hill towns but even beaches, art. food, wine and much more. I was lucky enough to visit this beautiful part of Italy and here I bring you 5 tips for places you definitely shouldn´t miss when you stop over there.



1. FLORENCE

If you haven´t visited this city, your life isn´t completed. Florence, the capital of Tuscany, is one of the most important Renaissance architectural and art centres. You can find there great museums, stunning churches and cathedrals, lovely and interesting streets, gardens or squares. My personal tips: il Duomo - Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio and Boboli Garden.


2. SIENA

One of my most favourite cities in Tuscany. Siena is a classic medieval town, mostly famous for its large piazza, summer horse race or its Duomo. The most visited part is historic center, because tourists can find there stunning works of architecture or various arts. I can recommend you my favourite ones - Piazza Del Campo, Fonte Gaia, Duomo or museum Pinacoteca Nazionale.


3. LUCCA

To be honest, before I went to Italy, I had barely heard about Lucca. However, when I arrived there, I was amazed how beautiful this city is. There is beautiful historic center, a lot of churches, gardens and the town is enclosed by its walls. What you shouldn´t miss in Lucca - church San Michele in Foro, San Martino cathedral, The Palazzo Pfanner and its beautiful gardens and of course Lucca´s walls.


4. PISA

Everybody knows Pisa´s Leaning Tower, but I realized there are even more things to discover when I visited this sweet city. Pisa is located in Northern Italy and offers many ways how to spend day over there. When you get bored of Leaning Tower, you can use some of my tips I found very useful when I still had some hours to spend in this city - Duomo, Baptistery, Botanical Garden or small church Santa Maria della Spina.


5. SAN GIMIGNANO

I lived near San Gimignano during my stay in Tuscany two years ago and when I got another free day to discover, this was my number one option. It´s not very big, but it´s very popular and lovely medieval town. San Gimignano is most popular for its 14 medieval towers which create beautiful skyline and they are visible from huge distance. The historic center is a UNESCO world heritage page for its unique and stunning architecture. Some of my tips for atractions include - Torture Museum, church Sant´Agostino, local Medieval Fountains or for beautiful view, you definitely have to visit La Rocca.

I hope you find some of tips and advices useful, I tried my best to remember everything what I had learned there, so hope it helps a bit. If you have any questions, tips, ideas, share it in comments!

PS - Photo credits - all rights belong to their authors, photos are not mine, I don´t own anything.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

    Deviantart

Flickr Images